Why Choose Us?
- MOST LOCAL INSURANCE ACCEPTED
- EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS
- FLEXIBLE FINANCING AVAILABLE
- FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL OFFICE STAFF
- HIGHLY TRAINED STAFF
- STRICT STERILIZATION POLICIES
- EXCELLENT PATIENT SATISFACTION
- ONLY FULL TIME ORAL SURGEON LIVING IN ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY
- COMMITTED TO CONTINUED EDUCATION AND LEARNING
At North Country Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Akin frequently performs a wide range of surgical procedures, so you can rest assured that your surgery will be performed by a skilled and experienced professional. With state of the surgical techniques and an expert multidisciplinary staff dedicated to your oral health, we are in a unique position to offer best-in-class care.
- Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide time to prepare for proper individualized treatment on another day.
- Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Please complete the new patient registration forms. You can also find them at the top right of this webpage.
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- Your dental and medical insurance cards.
- IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage.
We will send you a monthly statement. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated. If you are interested in applying for a Care Credit account, please visit their website at carecredit.com, or call our office.